Perfect Memory is proud to have participated in the IBC Accelerator project “Usable VFX Archive”. The challenge was to demonstrate how to make the VFX archives actionable for the studio and its ecosystem, realising and exploiting value from film, TV and games 3D components. Too much time and money is wasted in redoing, searching and buying what is already available and usable.
Perfect Memory collaborates on this project with MovieLabs, driving innovation and solutions to the challenges faced by Hollywood today (Universal Studios, Paramount Studios, Sony Innovation Studios…).
Met during the Production Technology Seminar in Geneva, the IBC Accelerator committee saw in Perfect Memory’s DAM-as-a-Brain a high-value proposition for what MovieLabs aims to solve. After a full presentation of Perfect Memory solution in London, we were on board !
The deliverables of the project were:
1) A standard MovieLabs data model for VFX archive,
2) A Proof-of-concept that integrates the model and demonstrates that:
– maintaining the links between all VFX components is the key to critical information propagation as rights and authors
– reconciling the editorial information with the production environment information is mandatory for the preservation of archive
– searching and browsing models, textures, materials according to business-oriented configuration answers critical business needs.
The PoC demonstrated that we can keep searchable and operable any VFX archive produced at any moment by any stackholder of the workflow. As a consequence, turn archives into Assets.
Finally, we would like to take this opportunity to thank Cédric Lejeune, from Workflowers, for his support.